Saturday, March 1, 2014

Nursery

Even though I woke up the usual time this morning, it was nice to know I could stay in bed a little longer. 
The rooster crows from about 3am every morning and the kids get up at 6:30am every day. They were pretty quiet early this morning, but by the time I was up they were extra noisy! 
I can now pick out my boys' cries and I think "Edmund has hit his head again" or "Jay wants to be picked up again". :)

I got up just before 8am and was able to spend a little extra time in prayer. It always seems like there's so much to pray for and not enough time to do it! That must be why we are told to "pray without ceasing". 

Katelyn was a bit better this morning. Yesterday she'd had a fever, so we were a little worried she might have malaria. 

I helped Nicole with her nursing studies by asking her exam questions while I ate my breakfast. I've been drinking black coffee for a while now as we keep forgetting to buy milk. It's good Ugandan coffee though, so I don't mind. 

Saturdays we start work at 10am and its called a project day. Last week they washed sheets because a few of the kids beds had bed bugs. This week they weighed and measured all the kids. 

I was assigned to the nursery today! It was great! I stuffed a pile of nappies with their liners because the mama's hate doing it and then played with baby Zion. She was the only one awake at that time. She vomits almost all her milk up after feeding so I had to have a cloth handy all the time:). Then the other babies got up and the mama's gave them a bottle each. After feeding they all crawl around on the floor playing together. I changed a few nappies and wiped noses. 



This is Zion:).
She looks like a little clown with her little tufts of hair on the side of her head. 




I watched the babies play together and then one of the mama's gave me Zion to look after again:). I went to get one of the babies who was crying at one stage but the mama said "no, you attend Zion I will get the baby". I was happy with this arrangement and soon Zion was asleep in my arms while I sat on the floor. There's nothing like a sleeping baby in your arms to make your heart feel full:). 
Soon it was time for the older ones to have their solid food so I put Zion to bed and helped feed them. Changed a few more nappies and played on the floor a little more and it was time for lunch! We are only assigned work from 10-1pm on Saturdays and then some of us go to Budundo. I wasn't assigned to Budundo today because I was in the nursery so I had the rest of the afternoon almost to myself. It was nice to just catch up on my emails and listen to some music. It was a nice restful day. 



Joan and Rosie





Heading out to buy tea I got to see some of my boys just before they went in for their tea. 
Moses and Eric. I had to give them their butterfly kisses before they went to bed:). 

We walked down to the corner to buy rolex's from the man who makes chapatis for us. I've been told ever since I got here that I have to try a rolex. A rolex is a chapati with like egg and tomato wrapped up inside. He was filling a big order for chapatis so we had to come back in an hour. Elena and I went back at 7pm and waited in the dark on a little wooden bench while he made them on his little coal fire. We met two little girls who waited with us and one man who tried to invite himself over for tea:S. We said no thanks! :)  I enjoyed my rolex :P. 

It was a quiet night at home watching movies with Elena, Londa and Katelyn while the others went out to a music night in town. 

Church tomorrow! 

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." 
1 Peter 5:6-7




No comments:

Post a Comment