Monday, March 10, 2014

Helping Hands


I had one on ones this morning. There's no preschool this week, so Paige and I can do more one on ones.


I came back from a walk, just before porridge, to find my boys dancing away in the cottage. Paige was playing music for them which they love. Even Michael was getting into the music. Standing as long as he could and trying to shake his little "kabeena". 





Christopher is our little dancer, he loves to perform!

It was a pretty easy day.




Salim fell asleep in the swing just before lunch. Aww:)

During lunch today I was standing watching the little boys eat, with my hands on my hips, which I have a habit of doing. I looked over at Edmund and he smiled his cheeky smile and put both hands on his hips too. Even the mamas were laughing at us:). Poor little guy had a lot of seizures today. Normally he only has one or two a day but it was happening all the time. He now has a bit of an egg on his head from falling down all the time. 

After break, Katelyn and I were meant to be going on an outing. We had been really looking forward to this as we'd been craving milkshakes all weekend!
We were told during our break though, that there was a staff meeting and they'd need all the volunteers to watch the kids so the mamas could go. 
So, we missed out on our outing, but it turned out great. Thankfully we had a team of people visit for the afternoon otherwise I don't know how we would have handled all the kids by ourselves. 
It was great because the kids got loads of attention and were spoilt with so many people willing to pick them up and hold them. They need a bit of spoiling these kids. The kids love it when guys come to visit as the mainly have Aunties care for them, so its a nice change. They will also be helping us out tomorrow and some of Wednesday. 


Nicole and Hope (her favourite).

I tripped over today while carrying Babu:S. It's okay, he's wasn't hurt at all, but it scared me for a split second. I was getting up from one of the benches and my skirt caught and I just went head over heels! It wouldn't have been that bad, but because I was carrying Babu, I instinctively turned so that he fell on me rather than on the ground which meant I couldn't catch myself. It didn't hurt at the time, I was more worried about hurting Babu, but I have some huge bruises and some grazes that I can feel now. 


After work today we were invited around to eat with one of the families that are in the process of adopting from Amani. We had to catch 4 bodas, and make sure they all knew where they were going. It was great! I don't think I've ever enjoyed spaghetti that much. It was nice to be a part of a family for a night. 

We got back and I decided to quickly make a slice while uploading my photos for this blog. Hope the slice turns out okay, I kinda just took a recipe I normally use at home and substituted a lot of ingredients. 

Nicole also played dorm mum and gave me some antiseptic to clean up all my injuries. I'm going to be a little sore in the morning:(.


"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!"
1 John 3:1a



No comments:

Post a Comment