Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Heat


It was hot today. Even the Ugandans were feeling it! It still not as bad as an Australian heatwave though. I'm told that it is hottest just before the rains come and it usually rains all of March. When the rains come it will be cooler. 

I had preschool this morning and was given finger
painting to take charge of. Aunty Mary, the preschool teacher usually sets up 3 tables of different things like playdough, painting and colouring for the kids to take turns with. I had fun with the kids:). 
Caroline had more fun washing the paint off her hands every 5min:). 


Caroline.

The kids always get water play at the end of preschool and get soaking wet:).



Paul and Jenipher.


Christopher.


Back to cottage C for porridge. William was with us this morning and helped feed Edmund. Edmund always eats slowly.

Joseph didn't eat lunch today. He just sat on Paige's lap while I got the younger ones ready for their nap. Then Paige got the older ones ready while I sat with Joseph on his bed until he was almost asleep. Poor guy, not sure whats wrong, he's just so tired. 

I officially have a cold now:(. It's not that bad. I just feel more tired. So for break today I tried to nap. I didn't fall asleep but I laid down for a good 2 hours. 


This afternoon I was on outings with Paige. Michael and Philip were next on the list of kids so we decided to just walk into town and check the mail. We took the scenic route back and saw Michael's physio, Andre, drive past. We arrived back in time to see the kids dancing to music as part of their activity today. Even the Mama's got into the music!


Ugandans love to dance!


Little Freddy got glasses today. He looks like a little man! :)
He keeps touching them all the time so they were covered in fingerprints by the end of the afternoon. 


Colleen. 
Colleen is leaving tomorrow afternoon. She's been here since the beginning of January. The kids will miss her so much! So will we.


So, for Colleen's last night we planned to have our dinner at the "The Keep". Paige and I left our cottage early so we could shower before going out. The dirt sticks to you so much here that it doesn't matter how much I scrub my feet still look red with dust. 


In the middle of dinner tonight we got a phone call from one of the mama's. Another mama had collapsed. Mary and Paige went back to make sure she was okay, thinking that it would simply be the heat or maybe dehydration. After taking her to a clinic though, it turns out she has Typhoid! After making sure she was looked after, Mary and Paige returned to finish their meals. 

The power kept turning off today. It would go off for half an hour or more and come back on for 10 min again. We miss our ceiling fans the most when the power goes out.

I was so tired after our night out, I only took enough time to upload my photos before heading off to bed. 

"He who heeds the word wisely will find good, And whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he."
Proverbs 16:20




No comments:

Post a Comment