Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sun and Storm

We walked to Calvary church this morning. It was nice to try somewhere different. Londa and her brother had gone to the earlier service because he had to leave early today, and Nicole was scheduled for the nursery. So, it was just Paige, Katelyn, Elena and I walking together. The service is interpreted into Luganda at this church and some of the songs they sing are Luganda too. The men who take us to Budondo go to this same church too. The minister spoke on the first part of Romans 9. The sermon was pretty good, I still didn't agree with everything, but the minister was a good speaker. The people were very friendly and welcoming to us. 
We decided to catch bodas home rather than walking. Again, only in Africa do you speed along on a boda discussing the theology of the morning's sermon:). 



I did some study out on the balcony after lunch. 





Enjoying the sunshine, my coffee and the Word of God. 

My hair has flattened down a bit and is a bit more manageable now thankfully.



Judah.

I went down to say hi to my boys for a little while in the afternoon. 
I'll never tire of the way a child's eyes light up when I appear from across the yard and the way they run to be the first in Aunty's arms:).


Sande. 



The mamas must make the most of the sun as it can be very hard to get all those nappies dry when it's so wet. 
I found the boys "helping" by taking the washing down. 


I watched as Freddy proceeded to wander around with a sheet on his head:).
Funny little guy. 


Beautiful African sunset. 


The clouds begin to roll in and the wind picks up in the trees. Then all of a sudden its pouring rain again and the yard turns to dark red mud.

The power went out so Londa and Paige cooked tea in the dark and we ate on the balcony while watching the storm.

Paige, Londa and Elena decided it would be fun to go down and play on the swings while singing in the rain. I was happy to simply watch from the balcony in my nice dry hoodie:).

There's nothing quite like a storm to quiet my thoughts and make me stand back in awe.





The power came back on and the rain stopped but the lightening show only got more incredible.

I took probably 50 photos in order to capture a few of the lightening. 


"For as the lightening comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be."
Matthew 24:27

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
Revelation 22:20








1 comment: