Today
was nice and warm. Nicole and I took Jane and Joanne on a morning walk while it
was still cool. They love their walks:). Mercy is now spending her days in the girl’s
cottage and only comes back to the nursery for her nap and to sleep at night.
So we are mostly down to looking after 7 babies now.
One
of the mamas brought her baby in to visit today. She’s only 2 and a half months
old. So adorable!
Little
John.
He was unwell today. He refused to eat his lunch and he’s normally the
fastest eater. There always seems to be a baby coming down with something in the nursery, which means lots of dirty nappies to change!
David
John and I having a little conversation.
Me: "John say Aunty!"
John: "da da"
Me: "Aunty"
John: "da da"
repeat several times.
Eventually,
me: "Fine, I'll be da da then".
We went to Budondo again today. I love to see all the little
kids in their villages and see their families. The people make you feel so
welcome outside their little mud houses greeting us and bringing out a little stool or a straw mat to
sit on. I took a pocket full of balloons and at our first stop we blew them all up for the kids. I know balloons aren't much but they are better than sweeties and the kids love them.
Steven seemed a little improved this week.
Peek at the mzungus and then smile and run away giggling. That's how we're greeted for the first few minutes.
Meal time at this hut. Kids came from everywhere to share the meal.
They didn't explain to us why we were at this hut. My guess would be that the guy on the left had several wives and lots of kids. Budondo is a predominately Muslim community and having multiple wives is fairly common.
Washing dishes after eating:).
It was a long day!
The girls wanted shepherd's pie for tea tonight so I did some shopping in town for extra ingredients. I didn't really make shepherd's pie. I made a beef and baked bean pie (minus the baked beans), but they still enjoyed it.
I'm exhausted tonight! I get a sleep in tomorrow though because I'm going to Sole Hope for the morning rather than doing nursery.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Psalm 23:1-3
Hope John is feeling better now. He looks so tiny in that photo with you!
ReplyDeleteHe's pretty good. It's just his level of development concerns me a little and his skin is so bad.
ReplyDelete