Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rain


I had one on ones this morning. I had Christopher, Jay and Michael. So, I went on 3 walks this morning! When I took Jay, the stroller was full so I carried him the whole way and he came pretty close to falling asleep. It would have been Jay's idea of the perfect morning as he loves to be carried. He is affectionately known as the leech in our cottage:). 

Lunch was pretty full on for me today as Paige was a little late from preschool, so it was just me and the mamas. Right before they ate, Michael says to me "ka, ka, Aunty". I'm thinking "of course you would today, Michael!" Ka, ka means he's made his nappy dirty and changing a 4 year old's nappy is not the most fun thing to do. So I spent the first part of lunch washing Michael down before I could help the mama's with lunch. 

I was so hungry for lunch today! 

After lunch, most of the girls went to Budondo and Katelyn and I decided to go into to town to visit the pharmacy. I wanted to get some Vitamin C as I think I've caught what Katelyn's had and I want to nip it in the bud. The pharmacy price them per tablet so we asked for 100 tablets to split between us and they counted them out of the bottle and put them in little snap lock bags. He asked us if we had a prescription for them and I was thinking "what does he think we are going to do, overdose on Vitamin C?", but he just wanted to make sure that we knew how to take them:).



The power was out so much yesterday that the milk tasted a little funny, so I decided to get some more. I've never been to the diary before. I asked for 2 litres and the lady just scooped it out of the bucket and put it in a plastic bag for me. 
The boda ride back home was interesting. The driver tried about 3 times before he could get his bike started and it didn't go very fast once it did start. It made so many odd noises, I thought for sure we'd break down before we got home. 


Godfrey with a grasshopper he found for Aunty:). 


Tina


Jay


Wilber and Agaba on their bodas. 

I was on activities today all by myself. Normally we would have 2 or 3 working together but with some sick and Colleen leaving this afternoon, it just worked out I was by myself. So, how to entertain 40 something toddlers with organised activities for 2 hours?
The only answer I could come with was to bring out the bubbles again. That didn't last too long though before I needed to come up with something else. Thankfully the mamas stepped in to help, even John, the man who guards the gate helped out. They played a game where we stood in a circle and chose people to dance in the middle. That was interesting for me to play, as I never dance! Then we did races and I had to race one of the mamas:). Then all the kids just copied one of the mamas while she did different stretches and exercises. It was hilarious to watch our guard jump like a frog around the yard with the kids! :D

About 20min before it was time to go in, the thunder started. The thunder really rumbles here! I think it's louder than at home. The older boys loved it but a couple of the kids were really scared. 


The boys waiting to go in for dinner and listening to the thunder.


Frank waiting for the rain. 


Boys being silly watching the lightening.


Jenipher didn't like the thunder and would hang on tight to me every time it rumbled. 

It began to rain just as the boys were getting into their pajamas and ended just after I got up to the guesthouse. 

The girls were back late because of the rain, so I did all of bedtime with just me and the mamas. It was went fine though, I was just really tired because of my cold. Paige got back just in time to give the boys a goodnight kiss. Everyone was tired tonight so Paige and Elena just made pancakes for dinner, while singing as many Disney songs as they could think of:).

"But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty.."
1 Corinthians 1:27

This verse is one of my favourites. God can use even our weaknesses to bring glory to Himself!







No comments:

Post a Comment