I managed to capture Joanne saying aunty!
This is the nursery schedule, which is followed fairly closely.
David and Florence
David has still been unwell and doesn't like his nap very much at the moment.
Rosie, always climbing. Today she sat there rocking the chair for ages:).
David decided to help Florence with her book:).
Mama Josephine is the lady that
cleans the guesthouse, does our laundry and even cuts up our pineapples. She
mentioned to one of the girls once that she doesn’t know when her birthday is
and her kids never make her a cake. So Elena decided that we should bake her a
cake and celebrate her birthday together. Londa made a delicious cake and we
all sang happy birthday to her after lunch. She was so surprised and said
“thank you for loving me!” Mama
Josephine laughs almost constantly and we all love her.
Us girls and our Mama:).
We headed off to Budondo again
today. It was the last time for Paige and Katelyn before they leave for home next
week.
Our first stop is always Steven's home. The above picture is his families home. The roof is in desperate need of repair especially with the rainy season beginning.
Steven’s mother gave us sugarcane when we visited this time which was great! I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed a nice stick of sugarcane :). We got ourselves all sticky in the process and the fibers always make a bit of a mess around you.
Another family visit.
We're always greeted so warmly and asked to sit on any small stools they might have while the children crowd in for photos.
Plenty of little chickens running around!
The older boys love to show off for the camera. This boy flexed his muscles and was pretty impressed with himself when I showed him the picture:).
Dark clouds had been threatening on the horizon all afternoon, but it held off thankfully. Our van barely makes it through these villages and mud would not have been a help. It often stalls going over the speed bumps or up hills. It always feels like one day it will just rattle itself to pieces. I sometimes wonder what would happen if it decided to die out in one of the villages one day.
We visited the triplets again. The seemed a little less scared of the white people this time.
Simon still wasn't too sure about being held though.
The family gave some of our guys some avocados to take home. I just noticed this little boy on my way back to the van, casually cutting up his avocado with a machete blade.
We went to a place called The Hub with Sandra and Mary for a praise and worship night. It was fun to sing together with people mostly from Worship Harvest. It got very hot and sweaty in that little room even though there was probably only twenty of us there and we sang for a good 2 hours. It reminded me of the sing song nights we used have when I was growing up, but a little more animated and much louder. There was no projector slides or hymn books we simply followed along with the lead singers. We took communion together towards the end and then finished with as many hymns as were requested. It was a fun night together and I enjoyed taking communion as I have only experienced that once since I've been here.
Paige, Londa and Elena are planning on singing a song together on Sunday at church, so they took the opportunity to practice with the guys who will be playing with them. The musicians are amazing. They'd never heard the song before and don't have sheet music but they just picked up the tune and followed along with the girls. I won't get to see them perform because I'm scheduled for nursery on Sunday so it was nice to hear them practice.
Thankfully Mary was able to give us a lift home as the rain that had threatened all afternoon finally came.
I'm looking forward to a whole day off tomorrow. Because I am rostered on nursery for Sunday then I don't have to work on Saturday. Yay!
"And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers."
Acts 2:42
No comments:
Post a Comment