Sunday, March 23, 2014

Bald Headed Boys



Another Sunday morning in Uganda!

We went back to Calvary Chapel again this week. The people are very friendly there. The music was great and we sang "10,000 reasons" to finish. The minister spoke on Romans 9 and kept contradicting himself during his sermon. It disappoints me when such a theologically rich chapter gets misinterpreted and made to fit a person's own viewpoint. I've been blessed at home with Godly men who seek to challenge our limited views with what God really has to say to us in His Word. 

Elena and I rode a boda home sidesaddle from church and I thought I was going to fall off the back! Riding sidesaddle isn't quite as comfortable when there's two of you, but long Sunday skirts often make it a requirement. 

Mama Cook made an extra special lunch today and even had chapatis for us! 


Londa's turn for a group photo with her cottage. She didn't take one yesterday because Charlie was out. He's now the only boy with hair! :)


Salim. 


Londa and Philip


Alex pretending to talk on the phone:).


Edmund


Lydia with a g-nut (that's pretty much just a peanut).


Paul, wanted to see what his tongue looked like in a camera:).


Paul also wanted to see what Aunty Alicia looked like in a camera. 


Frank wanted to get in on the selfies too!


Judah


Edmund


Richard

I love to go and visit my boys and ask them all sorts of questions about what they've been up to during the day. I took lots of short videos this afternoon and I'm hoping that I can load them in a separate post, but it will probably take all night. 

We had a short downpour just after dinner but that's all the rain we've had this week. I guess the rainy season is running late this year. I'm not complaining, I think the weather has been beautiful! 

"The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, a prayer to the God of my life." 
 Psalm 42:8






No comments:

Post a Comment