I got up today ready for one on ones and was just about to head out for a walk with the boys, when Sandra asked me to help out in the nursery.
Sandra wants to move me permanently to the nursery, which I'm happy with. I'll miss my boys, but I can still play with them in my free time. I'll start earlier in the mornings but I get short breaks when the babies are napping.
I got to cuddle babies all day!:)
I fed babies, changed babies, put babies to sleep, played with babies, cuddled babies and loved babies.
David.
David and Alex.
Kaity and Mercy.
Mercy is getting a little big for the nursery now and thinks she's a little princess. She got new shoes today and was quite happy showing them off to people. She could barely walk because she was too busy looking at her feet to watch where she was going:).
Alex and I.
Alex is affectionately known as the dinosaur in the nursery. He has such big hands and feet that he looks like a big dinosaur when he walks:).
Joanne, Mercy, Jane and Alex.
At lunch time the bigger babies are allowed to feed themselves. They love it! :)
John.
He has a skin condition which they don't even know the cause of. I greased him up twice today with vaseline. Poor little guy just scratches and scratches. Florence, one of the Ugandan girls who works in the nursery, said that John now has a crush on me because I spent so much time with him today.
I thought I'd take a photo of a typical lunch here. Beans and rice, spaghetti and cabbage.
Alex and Mercy.
Anna is the youngest and newest in the nursery. She felt a little hot this morning so Mary took her to the clinic. Turns out she probably has pneumonia. :( Poor baby.
Mary took her home with her so that she could keep an eye on her.
I fed her and burped her while they got her things together and we cuddled for a while.
Don't you just love that warm "baby against your chest" feeling? She fits just right against me:).
Now, how many can I fit in my suitcase?
I finished up in the nursery early, so I had just enough time to go over and say goodnight to the boys in cottage C before they had their bedtime story.
"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD"
Psalm 127:3a
Awww! Gorgeous! :) I need to have a baby fix.
ReplyDeleteAlicia I thought you said you'd never die your hair but I distinctly saw blue in it! :o What do you have your hair wrapped up in?
*dye
ReplyDeleteThere are seven braids right at the back which they twisted blue hair extensions with it. You can tell in one photo they are brown and blue at the top near my scalp. The kids love to pick out my blue ones for me:). (I love the fact you used the word distinctly). I wrapped it up in a scarf I bought. It looked better before. By the time the photo was taken the kids had been playing with it and it was really loose. My hair is going to be insanely frizzy when I take it all out!
ReplyDelete