Back to work again!
This morning I did one on one's with first Rukia and Moses then Paul and Michael after porridge. I took Rukia and Moses on a walk with Londa and Colleen. Moses fell over just as we got back and had to be taken to the clinic for a band-aid on his knee.
Moses
Elijah
Freddy and Londa.
Then Paul, Michael and I read stories. We read some of the books I brought and learnt about some Australian animals.
Paul with our books:).
Joseph was a little out of sorts today. Normally he's full of energy and doesn't cuddle as much, but today he was really whiny and just wanted to be held. He sat in my lap and I rocked him for almost an hour. He felt hot when I kissed him goodnight too. I hope he's not getting sick:(.
We think that Jay, Babu and Edmond have the measles now and one of the girls in the nursery has pneumonia. Also one of the boys fell down and split his lip open today. I guess it was just one of those days.
Today I was assigned to physical therapy with Katelyn, but Katelyn is still feeling unwell. So Elena came with me instead. Neither of us had done it before so we didn't really know what to expect. We were told that the kids hate physical therapy and cry a lot, especially Michael.
Elena and I only had an hour an half break today before we had to head down and wake the three kids from their naps and get them dressed. We took Rukia, Philip and Michael. It was a little bit of a balancing act trying to get 3 kids, who can't walk by themselves, dressed and out to the car with only the two of us. We made it eventually by enlisting help from those walking past. They were pretty quiet on the way there, having been rudely awakened from their naps.
It wasn't too far and our driver kindly carried Rukia in for us, while Elena carried Philip and I carried Michael.
They had a great time! Apart from the fact that Philip refuses to even try using his right hand they were good kids.
Michael loved playing with Andre one of the physical therapists. They played for so long that Michael was exhausted by the end of the session.
We had to take a pile of extra cloths with us as the three of them drool enough to rival Beethoven the dog! :)
Michael was not the only one exhausted by the end of the 2 and half hour session. By the time we got back Elena and I were exhausted too!
We had to take a pile of extra cloths with us as the three of them drool enough to rival Beethoven the dog! :)
Michael in his standing frame practicing his balancing and throwing with his weaker left hand.
Poor Philip. If you'll remember last week I mentioned he'd gotten leg casts. He's a little miserable and hates it when he's asked to use his right hand which is weaker side.
Michael blowing bubbles with Andre. His favourite thing to do!
Andre was great with him.
Now, banging a bowl like a drum.
Elena and Philip taking a break.
Some of the boys ready for bed.
Two more boys left today:(. Moses and Noah. Moses is the one in the first picture today and one of my boys. It happens so quickly! We find out they're leaving and then next thing you know their Mum or Dad have come to get them. At least I got to have one last walk with Moses this morning. It's great for them to back with families. I pray that they both grow into the Godly men that God wants them to be.
Michael, ready for bed.
He was naughty before his nap earlier today and had to be sent to the office for punishment. He's so cheeky, it had become a little bit of a game to climb out of bed whenever an aunty wasn't looking. He was good tonight though, probably partly because he was so tired out from his afternoon.
My roster for the week. Posted on the fridge. Something different every day!
"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."
Eph 4:1-3
Eph 4:1-3
Please continue to pray for the health of the kids here and that those who go back to their families will be kept safe and well.
Is Budondo the village you went to on your first day?
ReplyDeleteYes, we are now rostered to go there in groups of three. We will also be going to visit some of the kids in their homes
ReplyDeleteThat will be a great experience for you!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I look forward to doing different things. It's almost like having a break!
ReplyDelete