So, I still felt really tired this morning but I decided I didn't
want another day of doing nothing while listening to kids play
downstairs.
I did a full day's work and did absolutely nothing on my
break.
I had one on ones this morning, but some of them are done in
pairs. I had Sande and Isaiah, then Judah and Edmund, and lastly Paul and Eric.
Sande and Isaiah. We went for a walk, then did some colouring and
read books. They're both very quiet, I don't think I've ever heard Sande speak
more than one word a day. Isaiah is my darkest boy, he's gorgeous. It was great
until I took them back for porridge. During Sande's usual undressing before
meals, I discovered he'd gone ka ka in his jocks:S.
So then I took Judah and Edmund and we read nursery rhymes
together and then played with play dough.
Judah
Judah and Edmund.
They are both adorable but Paige unashamedly admits Edmund is her
favourite.
Edmund was so funny with the play dough. I don't know if he's ever
played with it before, but he didn't like the feel of it to begin with. He'd
take it from me then squeal and throw it away:). He eventually got used to
squishing it on the table but he still wouldn't pick it up.
Edmund is prone to mini seizures. They aren't serious, but he does
hit his head a fair bit.
Paul and I went for a walk too. When we got back the older kids
were practicing a song for church on Sunday.
Paul is the one on the far right.
Hope this video works for you!
Lunch was pretty hectic for me today. Paige was busy, so it ended up just being me and Mama Josephine to feed, wash, potty and put down to nap, all the boys. I also had to take one of the boys to the office for being disobedient again.
I finally made it upstairs for lunch and then spent my 3 hour break doing absolutely nothing:). Londa, Elena and Paige went to Budondo again this afternoon and Nicole, Kaity and I did activities. Our activities pretty much went to the extent of throwing a ball back and forth and pushing kids on swings:).
Michael had cut his big toe some time during my break and I had to take him back to the clinic because his dressing had come off and he was bleeding everywhere. Hopefully it will stay on for the night.
Patrick
Freddy is still getting used to his glasses. He keeps looking over them rather than through them. He is told countless times throughout the day, "Freddy, chin up, look through them not over them!"
Paige was back to help with dinner and bedtime so it was a little better. The boys still acted up though so they didn't get a bedtime story. Judah has moved from a cot to a bed now and his favourite thing to do is get out of bed while I'm trying to get the older boys to bed. I've discovered though, if I sing he's happy to stay in bed. Also Edmund decided tonight he didn't want to wear his pajama pants; so I'm trying to sing to Judah, keep Edmund's pants on and get the older boys dressed and their teeth brushed.
Tell me, is this what it feels like to be a mum to multiple children?
No wonder I'm tired.
"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength."
Isaiah 40:28-29
Little Freddy looks so cute looking over the top of his glasses!
ReplyDeleteTaking the boys to the office is just like George Mueller with his children in the orphanages (Ethan and I just read it together).