Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sick


This is the extent of my photos for today because this sums up my day!
(the dodgy looking pills are just vitamin c)

I didn't feel too crash hot this morning. I ended up not working at all today, which meant I missed out on going to work with "Sole Hope" a ministry that washes people's feet and take jiggers out. I also missed out on working in the nursery and putting my boys to bed:(. There are 4 of us down sick at the moment; Kaity, Katelyn, Nicole and myself. 
I'm fine I just feel too tired to do anything and too bored to do nothing. I'm hoping that if I get a good night's sleep I'll be okay for tomorrow. I felt a little useless today but I guess getting sick is never convenient. 

I met Danyne's (the boss) husband today. He's British, and in the nicest way possible he told me that I am a "reformed prisoner" when he found out I was Australian:). He said "see, we send them over as prisoners and now they're volunteering at our orphanage, she's a reformed prisoner". I just said "yep, we're all convicts over in Australia!" It's a good thing a big part of Australian humour is laughing at ourselves:D. 

Mama Georgina did activities again with the kids today because we are a little short of volunteers today! I could hear the kids singing along to all the games they played. 

I napped a lot today. Everything made me tired but I was bored too. So, I did my washing and made ice tea with lots of sitting down in between. I tried to read but couldn't concentrate long enough. 

Nicole and I were up in the guesthouse together when the others were doing bedtime so we decided to cook tea. It's was great! We had planned do to tacos and we kinda ended up doing our own version. Nicole cooked the meat with taco seasoning, then we cooked a whole cabbage with chili flakes and oil, and then fried onion and garlic together. We ate it all in chapatis with tomato and avocado plus iced tea to go with it. I enjoyed a little spice for a change:). 

"I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him."
Ecclesiastes 3:14 







No comments:

Post a Comment