Off to church again today!
We took a few of the older kids with us this time, Lydia, Emily, William, Moses, Eric and Elijah.
We all piled into the bus again and picked up a few more people on the way.
I'm really enjoying the atmosphere of praise. There's nothing like a group of people who can really sing, to make you feel like singing too!
I also like, whenever they read a passage from the Bible everyone reads along out loud, it feels like everyone's a part of reading the Word.
After church they serve soft drink to everyone because its a long sweaty service! :)
Sandra brought a few of the girls who work in other ministries in Uganda, back to the guesthouse after lunch. Londa and Elena had planned a girls afternoon as a treat for the two oldest girls at Amani Lydia and Emily. They baked cookies, painted nails, watched a movie and we all drank tea together.
The girls loved all the attention and getting spoilt. There were a few tears when they had to go back down to their cottages.
Katelyn with Lydia.
Paige with Emily.
All us girls drinking tea and eating cookies. It was nice to spend the afternoon chatting with people that love doing what I'm doing too!
After the Sandra took the girls home the kids started yelling from the yard "Aunty! Aunty!"
So a few of us went down and spent a few minutes just chilling in the yard with them.
After a little while some of the others went for a walk and I stayed in the yard with the kids. I was holding Jay and talking to Joseph and this is how our conversation went...
Joseph: "Are they leaving you by yourself, Aunty?"
Me: "yes."
Joseph: "Are you sad, Aunty?"
Me: "No, because you're my friend, Joseph."
Joseph put his arm around me and looked at me as if to say; I'll look after you, Aunty.
What a little charmer! :)
I often feel like I just don't have enough love in me to give all that these kids need. I don't have enough laps to cuddle with, arms to hold with, hands to hold with or mouths to kiss with. These kids crave our love and attention.
Praise God, His love is bigger!! I will give all the love that I have to give and trust that God will multiply it like He did the loaves and fishes so that there will be love left over!!
I think that whenever it feels like my heart is going to break, that that's when God is stretching it, moulding it to give more of His love. When it feel like I can't take anymore, that's when He stretches it that little bit further. It hurts now but it makes my heart bigger; I'm growing more of God's heart.
If God is working in us, our hearts never truly break, they grow.
"As the Father loved Me, I also I have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."
John 15:9-13
No comments:
Post a Comment