We had no power for most of today and it wasn't even raining! We do have water again now though which is great.
I'm enjoying the new routine of the nursery. I'm down in the nursery now before the others girls are up and head off on a morning walk with a few babies at 8am. I get a break between 9 and 10:30 so I usually make my morning coffee and do my daily devotions then, when it's nice and quiet.
Cuddling Joanne and quieting John at the same time.
Along comes Rosie too! Rosie loves to climb, so rather than cuddles she just likes to climb up on you as high as she can. Joanne is very jealous of her aunties' laps and can't stand it if another baby tries to climb on too. I keep telling her that Aunty has enough love to go around but she still cracks it if another baby comes near when she has laid her claim on my lap.
Charlie, Nicole and Freddy.
Charlie, Freddy, and me!
Nicole and I headed into town during our short break to run a few errands and visit the bank.
I had enough time to go check how Alex was doing this morning. It was nice to walk in and see recognition light up his face. He's doing great; I knew he would. It's good for him to have big brothers around him. He was getting a little rough for his little sisters in the nursery.
Nicole and I bathed all the babies today before lunch. They sure needed it after missing out yesterday! Some of them love it, others sound like they are sure we're trying to drown them.
Nicole and I had outings together today, the last before she goes home. For your last outing you are allowed to choose which child you want to take. Everyone knows that Hope is Nicole's favourite! :)
Frank was next on the list so he came with me. It was nice to spend some time with one of my boys again. All four of us shared a boda and we went to The Source. They had no power either so we got icecream and split a cookie for the kids. Frank was a good boy and even helped me pick out a souvenir for someone back home. We did have a moment with Hope where she threw a tantrum and we had that parent moment of "everyone is looking at me, and even though it may sound like it from her screams, I swear we're not trying to murder her!"
You wouldn't know that this adorable little girl can produce an earth shattering scream when things don't quite go her way!
The four big girls.
Jane, Mercy, Rosie and Joanne.
These wooden cubes are great for dividing the outdoor area into preschool and nursery. They also provide great little caves to hide in!
Not quite enough room to share for some though!
"Aunty, please save me from my horrible sister who insists on playing in the box too!"
Mmm... tasty plastic banana.
Would you like to try it too, Joanne?
Is it big enough for all four girls? Why not!
John's head has been fine today, but he screamed at dinner time again tonight because he's so frustrated with being itchy. I feel so sorry for him even though I tell him not to itch. Poor little man must be so uncomfortable and there's not really anything I can do about it. I want so desperately for him to grow into a strong and healthy boy. I take comfort in the fact that God loves him far more than I ever can and His good plan will be perfectly worked out in John's life for His glory.
"He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"
Micah 6:8
No comments:
Post a Comment