Friday, March 14, 2014

Rainy Season


The rains have come!
It rained almost all of last night and all morning till about 3pm. This also meant that we were without power for a good portion of the day. The babies were all rugged up in their little knitted cardigans and jumpers. It's cold now! I wish I'd brought more winter clothing now. 

My day starts a little earlier now that I'm in the nursery. I start at 7:30 and have a break from 9-10:30 while the babies are napping. Then the rest of the day is the same as before. 

I love cuddling babies all day! :)

We let Mercy and Alex play with some of the older kids while they did one on ones. They are big enough to start getting used to rougher older kids play. 


Joanne. She likes to play with the big balls and copy the sounds her aunties make. She has this cheeky little smile when she knows she's in trouble that is very hard not to smile back to. 


Jane. She is our little sumo wrestler ;). If ever she gets fed up with the other babies she just starts throwing punches and they all get out of the way! She also knows just how to get spoilt by this aunty! Simply climb into Aunty Alicia's lap and face plant into her chest with your thumb in your mouth. Guaranteed to get good cuddles!


David likes to cuddle too:).


Mercy playing peek-a-boo. She's picky with who she gives her attention to and she's still deciding whether she likes me or not. 


Rosie. She's had a slight fever the last few days and so gets extra attention from me. Rosie loves to climb, so if you're sitting down then you're automatically a perfect playground. She also loves to grab Aunty's new hair! 



Joanne's cuddle time. Cold days are perfect for snuggling into Aunty's warm hoodie!


Zion doing tummy time. (Nicole calls her George Jefferson because of her hair) :)


Zion was a little spoilt today because Anna is still with Mary, so she's the youngest again.


Alex. He loves his food! He likes to growl and push anything with wheels into his siblings. 


Jane; making sure she keeps up her chubby reputation. 


Mercy, disapproving of me taking photo while she's drinking. 

It was just Nicole and I for lunch today. The others don't like sweet potato and g-nut sauce, which was on the menu for lunch, so they went to town to eat and do our grocery shopping. I had a nice nap after lunch and then went back to "work". Of course, loving babies doesn't really feel like working. 
We were meant to go to Budondo again but it was canceled because of the rain so I just worked in the nursery again. 

Londa's brother is visiting for the weekend. He is volunteering in a different area of Uganda at the moment. They all went out to the Keep after eating dinner together at home. I stayed home and caught up on my emails, which I normally do during break but I didn't have power today. I also did some baking! I made a hummingbird cake since we have so much pineapple and banana. I'm never quite sure how my cooking will turn out here with all the substituting ingredients and lack of weighing and measuring. 

Some of the girls and I were discussing what we want our friends and family to bring to the airport for us when we get picked up. Someone started off with things like they want a bunch of flowers from their boyfriend but it quickly turned to different foods we miss. I said I want to be greeted with a whole block of cheese! You can't get good cheese here and what you can get is expensive so we simply don't buy it. I can live without chocolate and other treats but I miss cheese! :)

My heart is overflowing with baby love! :)
Anyone who has seen me with a baby will be able to imagine the smile permanently upon my face. I smell like babies now, sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's not that good;). 
 Thanks for all your prayers everyone! God is good. 

"Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."
Psalm 62:8




No comments:

Post a Comment