Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hours of Hair


I did wake up sore this morning and I'm still discovering more bruises from my fall. I have an egg on my shin the size of Andrew's late tumour.

So, for a while now Nicole and Kaity have been planning on getting their hair braided and I thought maybe I should go too. I debated back and forth for a while with myself. It doesn't really look the same on a mzungu with fair hair. On the plus side you don't have to wash your hair for around 3 weeks. I eventually decided that, because its so cheap, if I didn't like it I could pull it out afterwards. It was our only opportunity to take a day off, with no preschool and a bunch of extra helpers visiting.

Arghhhhh! All I can say is it's almost as bad as flying! 11 hours later and I still have to go back tomorrow morning for them to finish it. Kaity decided she was too afraid it would look bad and Nicole's was done in about 7 and a half hours. Thankfully, they stayed and kept me company while two girls worked on my thick hair. We asked if they'd be done by 10pm and they said "no, it's too much!" So they are going to open early tomorrow for me to be done in time for me to go to Budondo. 

The lady told me I look like Rihanna! :D 
Somehow I don't think that could ever be true:). 

I'll post the finished product tomorrow. 
I can't believe how tired I am after sitting for 11 hours! 


This photo is after 8 hours of braiding. Technically it's not braiding though, it's actually twisted.

Going to bed now. Let's see how I sleep with my hair all twisted up. 

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised."
Proverbs 31:30

No comments:

Post a Comment