The nursery felt so empty this morning.
Rosie and David are both sick at the moment and so Emma has taken them to stay with her to keep them away from the other babies. Poor Rosie has been vomiting so much that Emma had to put a feeding tube in.
Plenty of walks again:).
Edmund loves flowers. He kept trying to put his flower in my hair and then ripping it out again.
Babu almost choked on his lunch today. He quickly recovered as Mama Dorothy patted his back. Mama Dorothy turned around to do something and Edmund, who was sitting beside Babu, took up patting his back.
We went into town for lunch today to use some coupons we had for a restaurant, go to the atm (finally worked for me), and get some meat for dinner.
It felt the hottest today that I've felt since being here. We got back from town exhausted from being in the hot sun and started activities with the kids.
After some circle games and singing the kids where ready to run around. For some reason they felt the need to all pile on Elena for some fun, and yes it seems the culprits where mainly my boys. I took a photo and realised that she needed saving and had to go over and pull children off of her so she could get up. I often tell my boys that they need to be careful or they will break me:).
One of the guys from Worship Harvest came and visited and spent some time playing with the kids which was nice. As Elena and Londa have gotten to know people more through the music team, they have been trying to get more guys to come play with the kids. The kids love it when an uncle comes to visit and they need more than just aunties to play with.
I was carrying Alex around, as he's feeling a little sick too, and Paul felt the need to carry a baby too. Salim is pretty small so he was light enough for Paul to carry around for a while, until Salim got a little tired of it.
My nose is still quite red from the pool yesterday and Paul asked me, "Aunty, why is your nose so big?" :) I love the way children bluntly state facts.
A lot of the girls are in the half way process of getting their hair redone. Dorothy's is now finished. She has another of these little buns at the back which makes her look a little bit like a dinosaur:).
Tonight was a long night for bedtimes. I'm pretty sure John is coming down with the same thing as Rosie and David now. I supervised potty time for the older girls while the mamas fed Zion and Anna. They are pretty good at staying on the potty now, but tend to annoy whoever's sitting next to them. Most of my time is spent breaking up fights between the girls; Jane whacks Joanne, Joanne whacks Jane, they both start crying etc.
I went to read to my boys and they were only just getting ready for bed. So I dried them off from their showers and brushed teeth before reading to them about the creation of the earth and man.
I went upstairs later than normal and was greeted by some amazing smells! Florence and Becky cooked for us tonight. We bought all their groceries and they treated us to some well made Ugandan food. They are both pretty good cooks, but they're also very funny to watch as they argue about every ingredient and method. We watched a movie for a while and Florence noticed I was wearing my glasses. She's never seen me wear them before and said in surprise, "you're a geek! but a very pretty geek." I think I'll take that as a compliment:). We had a good night together and were able to call one of our boda drivers to make sure they didn't have to wait for one. By the time they'd gone home and we'd done the dishes I could barely keep my eyes open. I took the time to load my photos before heading off to bed.
Sisters in Christ enjoying a meal together.
"The LORD is high above all nations, His glory above the heavens. Who is like the LORD our God, Who dwells on high, Who humbles Himself to behold the things that are in the heavens and in the earth? He raises the poor out of the dust, and lifts the needy out of the ash heap, that He may seat him with princes, with the princes of His people. He grants the barren woman a home, like a joyful mother of children. Praise the LORD!"
Psalm 113:4-9
No comments:
Post a Comment