Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter


We headed off this morning to The Keep. We'd told Florence we'd like to treat her and arranged to meet at The Keep together. Florence forgot and slept in so we ended up just having breakfast the three of us. It was nice and relaxed and we chatted for a long time about being away from home and how quickly you get used to life in Africa. 

We wandered around town for a little while afterwards and did some shopping and then Londa and Elena went for music practice at The Hub and I walked home with our purchases. 

I spent the next few hours tidying up my room a little and chatting with Mama Josephine while she cleaned. I love Mama Josephine so much. She takes care of us like her own and I love the feeling when I go to leave for somewhere and find that my shoes have been washed. :)

When the girls got back we relaxed for a little while and waited for the kids to get up from their naps. Once they were up we went and said hi, and then decided it was warm enough to head off to the pool. I got Eric ready for the pool while trying to deal with Frank at the same time for behaving very badly out of jealousy. I've been planning to take Frank and Christopher on Sunday with a group of older kids, but haven't told them in case it rains or something. 


I took this from our balcony as Londa was inundated with children:). 


The three of us headed off to the pool with Eric, Salim and Caroline. It was very crowded at the pool. There was even a wedding party arriving as we got there! 

Eric is a fairly reserved 4 year old, but he did splash around a bit with me. He even dared to splash me! I pretended to be extremely offended and splashed him back. Soon it was Elena, Caroline and me against Eric, poor little guy:). He enjoyed himself but got cold very quickly so we got out and I rugged him up in a towel. I kept asking him if he wanted to get back in but he was content to just sit in my lap as I rubbed his arms. I was pretty happy to sit there and enjoy some cuddle time with him:). 

We had a snack together and the waitress mixed up our orders. Oh, well. 
Londa headed off early as Salim eats at 6pm with the younger ones and Elena and I headed off a little later with our two who eat at about 6:20pm. 

We arrived back to find a stick of sugarcane waiting at our doorstep! Job and Charlie had told us that little Elena from Budondo had brought it for Elena to have. So sweet! :)


Anna came around for bible study and brought a whole bag of assorted vegetables with her! We had mince meat that needed using so I cooked some of that up and made Ugandan burritos with mixed vegetables and fried cabbage and Anna cooked the potatoes to go with it.  

Anna couldn't stay long for Bible study as there aren't many bodas around for the public holiday and didn't want to leave too late. Londa also wanted to call her family before bed so we decided to do something different to our usual Acts study. Instead we read through the last four chapters of John together and meditated on Jesus' death and resurrection and then Londa read a monologue written from the perspective of Mary, Jesus' mother, on the crucifixion. 

Again, a lovely evening spent over the Word of God and fellowshipping with my sisters in Christ. 

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life, He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

John 11:25-26



No comments:

Post a Comment