This little guy has a new helmet!
I'm so thankful that Edmund has got this now, as he had a permanent egg on his head. You might remember from previous posts that he has mini seizures fairly regularly. It doesn't last long but he falls down and hits his head as a result. Now he'll be able to play without a constant headache!
Eddie seems to hardly notice that he's wearing it, though it almost covers his eyes. The mamas think he's hilarious though, and I think he's pretty cute.
At one point today, Judah was running around behind him trying to hold onto the strings which hold it together at the back:).
It began to rain during the kid's outside play time today so they all had to head back inside. I sat in the boys cottage reading stories to them and keeping them entertained. One of the mamas handed out oranges to each of the kids and even gave me one! Joseph and I had our usual question and answer session that occurs over just about everything. This time it was about oranges. We talked all about the different parts of an orange, what happens to the pips, which parts you can eat and why they are so good to eat. I love taking the time to answer curious children when most people grow tired of so many questions.
I was back in the nursery tonight. Emma, our newly returned nurse, has just redone the babies' schedule and I'm really happy with the changes. John and David have cut down from three naps a day to two naps a day. They were too big to be sleeping so much and David always screamed when he went for his nap. Also the bigger babies are getting potty time now, which is new for them. Jane absolutely hates sitting on the potty, mainly because she simply doesn't like being obedient.
It's pouring rain still and I think of the mamas who walk home in the dark to their families. Mama Dorothy who works in the nursery has to walk quite far to get home. She didn't complain though, it's just part of the rainy season for her.
"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."
2 Corinthians 4:6
Awww...hope he starts to feel a lot better in his little helmet.
ReplyDelete