And then there were 3.
Today was busy with Paige and
Katelyn not on the schedule any more. I’m going on a lot more walks for one on
ones now which I love. The older kids also have to complete “homework” for
preschool. So I’m now trying to squeeze in teaching the alphabet, phonics and
writing with Frank and Christopher as well as doing one on ones, in an hour and
a half time slot.
Paige helped for lunch with the boys
so she could say goodbye to all of them before they went down for their naps.
The boys now ask me when I’m going home to America :). I tell them I've never
been to America and they don’t know what to say! The older ones have learnt now
that I’m from a place called Australia.
Paige and Katelyn had their last
lunch at Amani and then went down and bought their last chapatis for the road.
They even managed to get some photos with our chapati guy.
Londa, Elena and I went
down early and got our boys ready for an outing and waited for Paige and
Katelyn to say goodbye. Alex came and picked them up at 4pm and we said our
goodbyes in the car park. There were a few tears shed, but also plans made to
see one another again. Though we all plan to catch up again, we also take
comfort in the fact that even if our plans don’t come to fruition we will spend
an eternity together one day!
Joseph dressed up all smart for his outing.
While getting him dressed Joseph kept saying "Aunty! Aunty! I like you!" I couldn't work out what he was talking about but eventually realised he was impersonating me:). The picture above is apparently what I look like to him. Hands on hips with a grin on my face:). Now I can tell Joseph to look like me any time and he'll strike this pose.
Our
outing was refreshing and the boys had lots of fun. We had Jonah, Elijah and
Joseph with the three of us. They were all very well behaved (which is a
miracle for Joseph) and followed us around while we did some errands. Joseph
had the same talk from me that I would always get from my parents when I was
his age before going out; the talk about not touching things, always staying
with aunty and being obedient. Joseph is five years old and a very smart boy,
which is part of the reason he can be very rebellious. The whole boda ride he
asked questions, while shopping he asked questions, while walking he asked
questions. Anything and everything had to be explained. We ended up at The Keep
and the boys were treated to a whole chocolate milkshake each! Joseph kept up
the chatter the whole time and managed to finish his milkshake before anyone
else as well.
Joseph with his chocolate milkshake.
Elena and Jonah looking smart!
We
bought some milk and then headed home. The boys love the boda rides and the 3
drivers took the hint and raced one another the whole way home. I've never had
them drive that fast before! The boys squealed, the aunties laughed and the
boda drivers just smiled. It was a great afternoon to lift our spirits after
our sad goodbyes.
The boys were well behaved tonight
for bedtime. Of course that has more to do with the fact that it’s Mama Rukia's
shift in the cottage. She’s a woman who only has to step into a room and the
children all sit up and pay attention. In fact if you but mention her name a
child will obey almost instantly. She is also loved and respected by all of us.
It was quiet upstairs with just the
three of us, but we had a nice relaxing night together. Londa made fried egg
sandwiches for our dinner and we talked for quite a while. I started taking out
my braids tonight too, but after two and a half hours I decided it was time for
bed. You can barely tell that I've taken out about a hundred braids already.
Hopefully I will finish tomorrow. I've almost forgotten what my hair looks
like!
"Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:5-7
No comments:
Post a Comment