We were given permission to have the day off today.
We were very happy:).
It gives us the freedom of taking kids out and not having to worry about a schedule.
We slept in a little and then headed off to the pool. Sandra and Adeline wanted to join us with William and Matthew so they ended up taking us to a different pool a short drive away.
As we drove over the Nile, Frank kept asking me "that is the pool?". :)
We took Frank, Christopher, Lydia, William and Matthew. The pool we went to was a lot nicer than the one we normally go to and the kids loved a little slide that went from one pool to another. Christopher was a little timid in the water and soon tired of it. Frank loved it so much he got into trouble for not listening to his aunties and sulked the rest of the time. Lydia was also a bit wary of the water but soon warmed to the idea as long as she was close to an aunty. Matthew and William are both used to the water and were under it as much as above it. William wanted to learn how to float and so I spent some time helping him out; me, who barely knows how to swim herself:). He managed to float for a few seconds before lifting his head and then sinking. He wanted to keep trying though and kept at it, gaining another few seconds on top of the water each time.
Me and my boys:)
Christopher, William and Frank.
William doesn't stay at Amani anymore, he lives with Charlie but when I first arrived he was in my cottage with my boys.
Katie Davis was also at the pool with all her girls. I've seen her before a few times when we've been out walking as she lives just a few streets away from Amani. I've now said hi to the famous Katie Davis, who, by the way, seems to be a fairly ordinary human being:).
Christopher looking very cool in Adeline's shades.
Frank, finished sulking and back to his usual mischievous self.
We had lunch together, which was very nice and sat in the sun for probably too long.
Frank and I drying off and eating lunch together.
Christopher and me
By the time we arrived home we were exhausted! We rested for a while before heading out to town. Elena and I needed to go to the bank so the three of us took a child each and headed into town.
One of the best parts of taking children out is getting them all dressed up.
Isn't Miriam adorable? (and Elena too of course)
Londa and David, also looking pretty smart.
Hmm...this outing could be interesting. This is Judah protesting at not being held. Judah is always the first to greet me with a smile and throw himself into my arms. The problem is every time you put him down he throws a fit.
He was pretty good while in town though. He waited patiently while I battled to get money out of atms. I gave up after 4 different atms either didn't take visa or were out of cash. I'll try again tomorrow.
We got some icecream at The Keep and then headed home, just in time for Judah to eat with his brothers.
It was a long exhausting day but lots of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing my babies again tomorrow.
We had a lazy evening together and I watched a sermon from home on you tube. I went to bed early to get plenty of rest for work again in the morning.
"Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand."
Psalm 95:6-7
No comments:
Post a Comment