Monday, April 14, 2014

Best of Both Worlds

It was a good first weekday today. 
I talked to Mary last week about my schedule and balancing both the boy's cottage and the nursery each day. She has now given me almost free reign with my schedule and changed things around a little with a few of my suggestions. It's made it a lot easier for me and I feel like I'm where I need to be at different times of the day. 

So, I still get up early for the nursery in the mornings and then after my break do one on one's with the boys. I now choose who goes on one on ones, how much time gets spent with each child and what we do together. It's enabled me to be much more flexible with my time. I then do lunch and nap time in the boy's cottage. After break I'm still scheduled like normal on something like outings or activities. Then at night I've chosen to be in the nursery because of the new potty schedule and the babies being put on solid food, it's just more hectic. Hopefully, I'll have time each night to still go over and help finish putting the boys to bed and read them a story. I'll get the best of both worlds!


Babu was my first one on one this morning. We wandered around the yard together looking at the chickens and playing with his balloon. Then I'd promised Michael I would take him for a walk, which he loves. Finally Richard and I went on a walk too. 

I've seen my boys hit different stages recently with Sande beginning to talk more and as a result become more mischievous. Then Judah has hit this whiny stage where he has to hold my hand all the time, throws tantrums and yells "no!" all the time which means I often end up putting him to bed for an extra nap. Frank has begun to lash out at his brothers when they get to go on one on ones. All of a sudden the sweetest ones have begun to push the boundaries a lot more.  

This morning I caught some of the boys out near the office when they are meant to only play in the front yard. Isaiah had both legs through one pant leg and his jocks on back to front. Sande had no pants on at all and Michael squealed and giggled mischievously like he'd somehow planned the whole thing. I tried to hide my laughter and be very stern in sending them back to the yard, while trying to find Sande's pants and Isaiah kind of trying to shuffle back to the yard in his one pant leg. 

Lunchtime was a little crazy as Mama Rukia had to leave to take her son to the hospital. He's broken his arm, poor kid. Thankfully Mama Lois filled in for a while. 

Londa and I had physical therapy together this afternoon which always tires us out. Michael had heaps of fun as usual, Philip was stubborn and didn't want to do any of the activities, and Rukia was happy so long as there was music playing as usual. 

Bedtime was fun tonight. I put all the babies to bed and said goodnight then ran over to read the boys a story. They still hadn't finished getting ready for bed so I helped dress them and brush their teeth. I kissed Christopher tonight and he said "thank you, Aunty!" Mama Rukia told him he was a good boy so then all the boys said thank you as I gave them their kisses:). 

We had Claire around for dinner tonight. She is our friend from The Keep and such a lovely girl. She had been feeling unwell all day but still came because she didn't want to disappoint us. Then after dinner she insisted on washing all the dishes even though we tried hard to stop her. She even wanted to mop the kitchen floor but we wouldn't let her! It was a lovely evening together and I kept thinking of what it would be like to invite your waitress for dinner back home. 

"Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:25-26



No comments:

Post a Comment