Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Love Unconditional

I think maybe I have a future Darth Vader in my care. 

This Darth Vader is going to be female though. Rosie has taken up the habit of climbing into my lap, hanging her head upside down off my knees and making Darth Vader noises. It's very funny:). Maybe her climbing habit is her way of conquering everything in her path. The mamas always say "Rosie has no fear". It's true too. She gets herself into all sorts of sticky situations and manages to get herself out again without panicking. Jane often follows Rosie, gets herself stuck and cries for help, but Rosie never cries for help, she just finds a way out on her own. Rosie's vision is not the best and she's a very clumsy walker, but she's extremely determined and keeps on getting up no matter how many times she falls. She's definitely the most entertaining baby; I could watch her play for hours. I'd better make sure I'm on her good side just in case she does grow up to rule the world one day:).  



Jenipher


Sande with left over tears. After comforting him he tagged along behind me for the whole afternoon. He's always one to go and play by himself or with his partner in crime Isaiah, so for him to want to stay with me was very cute. 


Babu seems to be doing well after his operation and doesn't cry as much. 

Today I spent some time cuddling Joseph, which he doesn't normally sit still long enough for. I often tell a child I'm holding that I love them and many of them will say it back. Today while holding Joseph I whispered in his ear "I love you Joseph". The look on his face was one of complete wonder as he said "you love me, Aunty?" I nearly cried as I repeated "Yes, Aunty loves you Joseph". That he might be unsure of my love for him breaks my heart. I don't need him to return my love I just want him to know the reassurance of having someone love him even when he's naughty. I do love him with all my heart, even when he's being difficult and I feel like the whole day has been one long battle with him. When I'm tired and I've had enough of disciplining him, but I discipline him again because I love him and want him to grow into a gentlemen. 

When I say goodnight to the boys; Paul gives the best hugs, Christopher always blows a raspberry on my cheek, Isaiah runs to the back of his bunk so I have to catch him, Frank almost breaks my neck trying to jump off his bunk, but Joseph always seem to cling to me like he needs that hug the most. They all need me in different ways and I love them all. Joseph is not my favourite but some days he just needs a little extra love. 

"Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment