I was back at Worship Harvest this week with all the kids. Frank, Christopher and I clapped along to the music while Londa and Elena sang along with the worship team. For two white girls they did a good job of blending in!
I was talking to someone after the service and Florence came over and pulled me aside saying "Where is your soda! Someone get this girl a soda!" And she took my hand and practically dragged me to the drinks table. We stood holding hands while we waited. It's so African to hold hands; I love it. Every gesture is so genuine and welcoming. Often when shaking hands you'll place your other hand over their hand as well which makes it seem even friendlier.
A lizard sunning itself while looking out at the Nile.
We went to the pool again in the afternoon. Londa took Philip, Elena took Jane and I took Sande. Sande has been talking a lot more recently, even yelling "Aunty!" when I walk into the room, but a whole new environment made him quiet again. I don't think any of these three had been to the pool before and Sande clung to me for dear life the entire time. We didn't spend too long in the water as the kids get cold quickly. I was drying Sande beside the pool when he decided to wet himself. Sande doesn't normally wet himself, but he also refuses to let me know if he needs to go. Normally I would just take him at intervals just in case but I missed that time!
Whenever I go to the pool I wear my chitchengi from Malawi over my shorts for the walk, then use it as a towel for the child and wear it home again. So I simply wrapped Sande up in my chitchengi while we had a snack and then wore my su su soaked chitchengi home again. That simple piece of fabric sure comes in handy!
The shoe filled entrance to The Hub:).
We went to a coffee night at The Hub together. It has just been freshly painted and looks great! I didn't stay long as I was ready for bed and Londa soon followed.
It was a nice weekend of rest and fun.
"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing."
2 Corinthians 2:14-15
No comments:
Post a Comment