8am-Melb. 12am-Doha
Flight from Melbourne to Doha.
It's a feeling I can't quite explain. I've left everything familiar behind, strange faces all around me, and I'm on my own. Yet, it is far from lonely. God's presence is always with me, and His companionship is more than enough. As I feel God's presence, it's like I can also sense the prayers of those I've left behind too.
Who am I, Lord, that you should bless me with so much? So many people that love and care for me. You've kept me safe, well, and cared for.
Lord, Your grace is abundant; Your love unfailing. I'm humbled be all I have, that I don't deserve.
God even blessed me with the perfect flight buddies! I'm sitting in between 2 boys aged about 7 and 10. Helping them out with movies, meals and seat belts keeps me occupied. I wish I could sleep like them though! At one stage the younger one was curled up in a ball on his seat and the other had his head between his knees! Both sound asleep!
I have managed to get a few hours sleep so far and I don't feel too tired.
I had downloaded 4 new music albums and 25 sermons before I left. My tactic has been to listen to music and eventually my ipod will choose a sermon. I'll fall asleep listening to John MacArthur's voice. Well, maybe some of the truths of Revelation will sink in as I sleep. :)
Just over half way to Doha.
"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Oh, give thanks to the God of gods! For His mercy endures forever. Oh, give thanks to the Lord of Lords! For His mercy endures forever."
Psalm 136:1-3
The above photo is touching down at Doha Airport in Qatar. Just in time for the sunrise. It was 17 degrees.
10:20am- Doha
Flight from Doha to Entebbe.
Landing in Doha, reminded me of Dubai 2 years ago. They look very similar from the air. The houses are like little sandcastles all laid out in a perfect grid. The photo below is taking off from Doha.
After my first flight, which felt a never ending darkness before the morning, it's nice to see the sun. I can see the ground beneath and the horizon in the distance. I'm not sure exactly where we are flying over at the moment but we've been in the air about an hour and a half. The landscape is very rugged; mountains, valleys, rivers and desert. I'm up so high it looks like nobody lives down there.
It's a quieter flight, no little boys to keep me occupied:). The people I'm sitting with don't speak English, I think they are Chinese, so we're limited to smiles. I have a window seat this time though, which I love.
I can hardly believe how far away from home I am. The world becomes a small place when you hop on a plane.
I wonder what my fellow passengers are heading for? The flight continues on to Kilgali, Rwanda, so not all are stopping in Uganda. I saw one lady on my flight travelling with her husband who had a Bible verse on her t-shirt. I wonder what they're up to in Africa?
It feels like such a long day, from first boarding in Melbourne Friday morning to final touchdown in Entebbe, will be about 20 hours travelling it will still only be early afternoon on Friday!
Before I forget too, other than watching Thor 2, and Bear Grylls episodes, Ethan and Joel will like to know I watched a few episodes of "Adventure Time":).
I wonder what God has in store for me over the next 10 weeks? I know that Africa has a way of taking carefully laid plans and turning them upside down. I'm prepared for this though. After all, my plans are not always the best plans. God is in control, and I'll stick close to Him for the ride:).
"A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."
Proverbs 16:9
It looks like little boys are your calling Alicia! God knew you needed 2 little brothers (and 1 big one) to practice on. :) Lovely photos too, to give us a glimpse of your new world. God's mercies are new every morning.
ReplyDelete