This morning I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep. Oh well, I guess that means I'm getting enough sleep then!
I had one on ones this morning with 3 of the boys. I took Christopher, one of the older ones, and Babu, one of the babies on a walk with a few other girls and some of their one on ones.
Babu quickly fell asleep in the stroller. Christopher had to pick up every single flower he saw to give to his cottage mama's. Christopher and I did some skipping and jumping over pot holes together.
These birds are some kind of stork. They are everywhere and they're huge! They are over 3 feet tall and have a 6 foot wingspan. Christopher was terrified of them, and I've got to admit that they are ugly looking things. I finally convinced him that they were more scared of him and that Aunty was bigger than them so I would look after him.
Christopher and I did colouring together to finish off our one on one and then headed back for porridge at 10am.
After the usual after eating routine, we went outside to play.
At 11am I took Isaiah for his one on one. He's one of the younger ones and a very quiet little boy so I did most of the talking:). We did colouring again and then some swinging on the swings together.
My attempt at a selfie:).
This is Noah, another attention seeker, always having to be picked up. We did some swinging together too.
All the younger ones having their lunch:).
From back left to front left in a circle their names are: Isaiah, Judah, Michael, Sande, Jay, Babu and Edmund.
Today was a fast day for the staff, so us girls went into town for lunch after our weekly meeting with Sandra. I was told that they had good filet steak where we went so that's what I ordered. I didn't realise how much I've missed a good piece of meat!
Joseph is my little trouble maker. He's a really smart kid, so I think a lot of his mischief is from boredom. His imagination runs wild. He giggled for ages when I showed him I could wiggle my ears:).
The kids love to pick out any marks on my white skin, something as simple as a freckle is fascinating. Joseph asked about the veins in my wrists, so I taught him about how blood runs through our bodies to keep us alive. The rest of play time was spent pretending to suck Aunty's blood out of her veins, which makes her sick, then putting it back, which makes her better:).
Babu, my little cutie!
Isaiah, my quiet one.
The younger ones having their dinner. Some of them end up wearing more than they eat, which is why they all eat in their nappies or underwear.
My feet:).
Bug bites and all, this is actually fairly clean for the middle of the day!
We had dinner early tonight. Soup was on the menu, so Londa made it in the afternoon which meant we only had to heat it up.
I had pineapple for dessert. Mama Josephine, the lady who does our washing and cleaning also cuts up all our pineapple for the fridge. She also boils the rinds and we drink the water like juice.
I went to bed early while the other girls watched a movie.
"Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them..."
Romans 12:6
Romans 12:6
Alicia, I absolutely LOVE your blog!! Had to laugh when I read about the vein/ blood sucking game haha, thats fantastic!! Awesome to see how God is enabling you to be a blessing. Won't stop praying for you! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth! Joseph has a wild imagination and the cutest little giggle. Now every time I see him he has a question about bones, blood or muscle. He wouldn't believe me that our tongues are muscles too! Thanks for your prayers!
ReplyDelete