This is my corner of the room. I don't have any lighting except for my head torch and there's not many windows so it's really dark.
This is the rest of the guesthouse.
Today I had preschool with some of the kids. Mary, the preschool teacher, took a group of them to one of the ladies houses just down the road who works with Amani. She takes care of all the adoptions. The kids love going to her house.
I was by myself with the boys after preschool as Paige was working with another organisation. I sure missed her during the normal feeding routine! One of the boys was naughty and wouldn't stop crying so he had to be taken to the office then when he got back he went "su su" (wee) all over the floor!
I was assigned outings this afternoon. So Nicole, Kaitey and I took 3 kids to the Keep for icecream. It was so much fun! Both Kaitey and Nicole work in the nursery normally and the're both Canadian. We had Sarah, Isaiah and Sande (pronounced Sunday). First you have to dress them up in their outing clothes, don't they look smart! Isaiah and Sande are both my boys.
Above is me, Sande, Sarah and Kaitey. They are so quiet when you take them out, they just take everything in. Sande did not say one word the entire time!
Kaitey was talking to a older Ugandan man at the Keep and he called her a spinster because she's 20 and still not married:)!
We went and picked up the mail for the girls. Paige was very happy because we brought back a package for her.
Nicole was happy because she found her favourite soft drink which they don't normally sell:). The guys unloading the crates of soft drink kept annoying Kaitey trying to get her phone number. One guy kept strutting around until Sarah ended up bawling her eyes out. We told him off "Look! You're scaring the baby!" and he left us alone.
We went back home on bodas. You don't have to pay for a child; yay!
Then it's just playtime again.
Sarah kept eating dirt today every time I turned my back. I ended up with red mud smeared all over my face while trying to get all the dirt out of her mouth:).
Philip, one of the kids with cerebral palsy, had a cast put on his legs today. We all feel so sorry for him:(. The cast goes from his ankles to above his knees and he won't be able to walk for 3 weeks! He also can't be bathed or go potty by himself either. Poor guy, it'll be great for him in the long run but he's so frustrated now.
Paige making necklaces and crowns out of string.
The kids watching a load of rocks being delivered.
The older boys eating their dinner, minus William.
They were good boys tonight:).
I've taught Joseph how to give butterfly kisses and he loves to get one when I kiss him goodnight:).
Sleep tight my little men!
Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me. God has given me the strength I need to get through each day by His grace.
"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:3-6
Hi Alicia, thanks for you interesting and informative blog. You certainly appear to have your hands full with those beautiful children. You don't have much head room on over your bunk. If you sat up quickly without thinking do you bump your head!! Is it very hot? That would be draining too. Love and prayers, A Coralie. xo
ReplyDeleteYes, I have my hands full but it's fun too. There's more head room than it looks, there's probably about 2 feet above the bed. It's hot but there's always a nice breeze and it cools down at night so it's just perfect for me!
ReplyDelete