Yep, that's right. I'm off again. :)
This time only for 12 days.
I leave this Wednesday!
I'm travelling with a group from my church. There will be 8 of us all together of all different age groups and walks of life. We are travelling to India and spending time in three different states in the southern part of the country. Bangalore and Hyderabad are the main cities we are visiting. This trip has been organised by a elder in our church (who is originally from India) in conjunction with the staff of Indian Evangelical Mission. We hope to visit several of their mission fields and see first hand the work that they do as well as bring greetings from Christians in Australia. Most of us return on the 29th of September, but Bill, our minister, and Samuel, an elder in our church, are continuing on to several other places to minister to other men in ministry.
We would appreciate prayer for this trip. It seems that everything about planning this trip has been more difficult than it should have been. I would especially appreciate prayer for one young guy who has been quite sick this week and may not be able to come with us now. It would be disappointing for all of us if he can't make it. So, please pray for Luke and his health.
Also, there is a fairly new Hindu prime minister in India. We have to be careful to be sensitive about the purpose of our trip. Officially, we are going only as tourists. So, please pray that God might be preparing the way for us as we travel.
Most of all I pray that God will be glorified and His Kingdom furthered in our hearts and the hearts of His people.
I won't be able to blog while travelling this time, but I plan to journal each day and post when I get home. Thanks for your continued prayers.
"For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come. Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God."
Hebrews 13:14-16

i am excited you have this opportunity to witness Christ's redemption happening in India--i just prayed for the trip & will continue to pray as you are brought to mind.
ReplyDeletei think of you often & am still grateful for the love you showed Elena & me & the blessing it was to work with you in Uganda. i hope one day God causes our paths to cross once again. You are a beautiful sister of my heart.
--Londa