This is going to be a fun trip. :)
I can see it now; we are going to joke and laugh together, work together, live together, get to know each other better, annoy each other a little, encourage each other, and ultimately grow closer to God together as we fellowship with one another.
Being so close with people always opens my eyes a little more to sin, grace and forgiveness that occurs in every day life.
I'm so excited to step foot on another continent! I've learnt to love all the uncertainties of travel and experiencing another culture. God never works the same way twice and I can't wait to see how He will work through this trip.
"For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure."
Philippians 2:13
I got up at 5:15am, shoved the last few things in my suitcase and ate breakfast. Everyone got up to say goodbye and when Samuel, Saloni and Keaton arrived Andrew took us to the airport. We arrived before 8am and the rest of the group, Bill, Luke, Robyn and Alex, were already there waiting for us.
Traveling was pretty easy. The twelve hours were passed with the usual chatting, listening to music, dozing off, watching movies, listening to sermons, doing puzzles, reading, writing in journals, until we all reached the point of total exhaustion.
We had a quick stop over in Delhi and were on our way to Bangalore.
We were greeted at the airport by some staff from IEM and arrived at the guesthouse by about 1am India time. Our rooms were basic but comfortable and clean, and we all slept comfortably.
_
Jesus is a Light for the nations of the world. Only Jesus' light can dispel the darkness of this world. I want to be an instrument of His light.
Lord, when people see our group, what we do and how we behave, may we be shining lights of Jesus Himself; that they may not see 8 Aussie tourists, but instead wonder Who You are, Lord. Prepare the way, Lord, shine Your light into people's hearts, for we cannot free people from darkness, only by Your power can the prisoners be set free.
Thus says God, the LORD,
who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and what comes from it,
who gives breath to the people on it
and spirit to those who walk in it:
"I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness;
I will take you by the hand and keep you;
I will give you as a covenant for the people,
a light for the nations,
to open the eyes that are blind,
to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon,
from the prison those who sit in darkness.
I am the LORD; that is my name;
my glory I give to no other,
nor my praise to carved idols.
Behold, the former things have come to pass,
and new things I now declare;
before they spring forth
I tell you of them."
Isaiah 42:5-9
No comments:
Post a Comment