Friday, June 13, 2014

Beauty Created


God created flowers. 
Flowers teach me something about God. 
I can admire a rose and know that God delights in beauty, in colour, and in fragrance. 
I am made in the image of God and so I too delight in such beauty, especially  the flowers He has created. (I was more than a little thrilled to receive two bouquets for my birthday last week)

Does God smile each time a new bud opens its face to the sun? Does He scatter the morning dew and watch the beads of water sparkle on the silky petals? Does He breathe the breeze to watch pink blossoms float down from trees? Does He watch knowingly as my eyes light up at the sight of a simple vase of flowers on the kitchen table? 

It may be just my imaginations, but if I delight in a flower's beauty surely the One Who formed them takes great delight in watching a winter rose bloom.



The photo credit goes to my mother who delights in capturing God's beauty with a camera :).

"He has made everything beautiful in its time."
Ecclesiastes 3:11


No comments:

Post a Comment